2. Information we collect from you
In general you can visit this Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, there are parts of this Website where we may need to collect personal information from you, including without limitation your name, post and email addresses, fax and telephone numbers, employment details, date of birth and banking details.
3. Use of information collected
- Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve its contents.
- When other personal information, such as your name and email address is collected from you (for example through online forms or via email etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Website for the purposes of:
- providing you with services which you have requested and notifying you about important changes or developments to these services;
- updating our records about you;
- crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- responding to your inquiries and complaints or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- administering offers, competitions and other promotions;
- evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and for research, training and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services; and
- making the Website easier for you to use and providing you with access to certain parts of the Website.
- We may also contact you about products and services available from Noor, and from selected companies outside the Noor group, which we believe may interest you or benefit you financially. We may do this by post or by phone unless you have told us not to; and by email, text or other electronic means if you have told us that we can or as otherwise allowed by law. You may tell us at any time if you change your mind.
- We will treat your personal information as confidential but may share it with each other and disclose it outside Noor if:
- you consent;
- it is needed by our agents, advisors or others involved in running accounts and services for you, or collecting what you owe us;
- the law or public interest permits or requires it;
- required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime;
- we need to provide it to a third party in anticipation of or following a sale, merger of the whole or any part of the Noor group companies or in the course of a joint venture.
- We may run your accounts and provide other services from centres outside the United Arab Emirates that do not have the same standard of data protection laws as the UAE.
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communications we have with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us, for crime prevention, as evidence in any legal proceedings and/or to improve the quality of our customer service.
- By using the Website you consent to us using your personal information for the purposes described above.
- Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored on your computer to enable our server to collect certain information from your web browser. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual, just the computer used. Cookies and other similar technology make it easier for you to log on to and use the Website during future visits.
- Cookies are used in this Website by us and by third parties to:
- monitor and manage Website traffic;
- to identify you when you visit the Website, to personalize the content of the Website for you and to enable you to both carry out transactions and have access to information about your account;
- temporarily to store details input into calculators and other tools on the Website; and.
- If required as a matter of law or regulation, in order to protect our or our other customers’ rights.
5. Protecting your privacy
- The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing this Website you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
6. Accessing and updating your information
You are responsible for informing us that your personal details have changed: for example, a change of address or to your title. You can do this by visiting a branch or completing and returning a change of name/address form.